Thursday, September 16, 2010

Girl's Weekend 2010

I have a great group of friends that I try to get together with every year for a Girl's Weekend.  I say try because I've backed out a couple of years in a row.  This year we headed to Flagstaff, Arizona where we stayed at a nice and cozy Little America.  The place was tucked away in a quiet location just off the freeway.  It was surrounded by tall pine trees and the scent of the forest.  It truly reminded me of Oregon.  I was amazed that this little place in the desert could be so beautiful.  I loved it there so much that I'm insisting that Richard put it on our lists of places to see and explore. I can't wait to go back! 

While we were there we sang along with some singing waiters at Black Bart's Steak House, shopped the tents at the Flagstaff Art's Festival, dived into some delicious BBQ, toured the beautiful Grand Canyon, and took a walk through a cavern in the middle of the desert that sits 210 ft. below the earths surface.  We also stopped at the Road Kill Cafe on Route 66.  I took lots and lots of pictures of myself while sitting in the very back seat of Teri's MDX on our road trip for Las Vegas to Flagstaff.  We stayed up late playing games.  Well, they stayed up late playing games while I sat around reading books.  This chick has deadlines!  I also made a new friend from Texas.  Her name is Cindy Davis.  I happen to think she is the nicest woman I've ever met, especially since she understands the importance of girl time!

I'm still busy with my book blog.  I've been fortunate enough to have some authors notice my reviews and offer me books to give away.  It's been tons of fun and I'm enjoying meeting all these wonderful people.  You can check out my book blog here: http://myfriendscallmekate.blogspot.com/ .  There is still time to leave a comment and be entered in a drawing to receive a signed copy of How To Grow Up and Rule The World by Vordak T. Incomprehensible!  I still can't believe the author offered me a signed copy after I described the book as "great bathroom reading material."  He must know greatness when he reads it!

2 comments:

Darilyn said...

I love girl weekends.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading about your girl’s weekend and after enjoying my own girl’s weekend with, my daughters, Necole, Bobbie, and Anna. I have grown to appreciate and understand the bonding experience more and think I need to do more of it. We also had a great time during our week together and can’t wait to do it again.

Well Kate, yet again you have inspired me to venture out of the comfort zone of my husband and do something new. I think I will be planning yet another trip with my girls or just a small get together with my girlfriends here. Thanks keep on bloggen!!.