Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lots of stuff has happened since my last post. I'm not even sure I know where to begin.

Let's see... Uhhhhhh...

I wrote a short story for the online magazine, Pure Slush. Something a little silly that has received a little bit of attention from my online friends. You can read it HERE!

I'm also editing for Shotgun Honey along with my friends, Kent Gowran and Ron Earl Phillips.

I went to San Antonio for Girl's Weekend. Each year I get together with my girlfriends from Las Vegas and Arizona and we kick it over Labor Day Weekend. We walked the ruins of Alamo, took a river water ride, ate lots of yummy ice cream, walked the river walk and shopped and shopped and shopped and laughed and laughed and laughed. Then we ate some more food and I took a ton of photos.  I also passed the Sash of Authority to Lisa...which means she's in charge of next years destination. Oh, and I learned a lot of about Mickey Mouse.
 Tina, me, Teri
 I wanna be a cowgirl, baby
 Ooooh, pretty wall
 hand carved figurines
The Alamo
 Lisa with her the Authority Sash... just so you know, in order to pass the sash to another you are required to stand and do a dance number (or a jig made up on the spot) in front of whatever restaurant guests are in the room. I impressed them all because I AM AWESOME! I wish I was quick enough to have someone snag some video of it. Memories 101, man!
 Me and Lisa
On the Trolley
I also attended this awesome murder mystery convention called Bouchercon in St. Louis. While there I was able to meet some of my favorite authors... some have become great friends since our time together on twitter. I'm hoping this becomes a yearly event for me to attend. Lots of books, lots of authors, lots of friends, and lots and lots of fun.
 Me with Russel McLean
 Author Josh Stallings
 Author Andrew Grant
Joelle Charbonneau
 Chris F. Holm, Katrina Holm, Neliza Drew, Brad Parks, Joelle and Me
Author Holly West
 Author Daniel B. O'Shea
 Author Thomas Pluck
 The lovely Hilary Davidson
 Author Peter Farris
Me and Neliza Drew

After, Richard flew into town and we spent the week visiting St. Louis, Kansas City, Liberty, and Nauvoo, Illinois. We watched the Cardinals play the Mets one night and then drove to Kansas City to watch the Royals play Detroit the next. From there we toured church history sites and just enjoyed our time together.


 walking the streets of St. Louis
Busch Stadium from the announcers booth
 the road we followed
 on a walk to a landmark
 power lines for Nick Ogden
 at the top of the Arch
 The Arch
 view from the stadium
at the game
 in Liberty
 taking a tour at the Royals Stadium
at the Royals game
 in Nauvoo
 Nauvoo Temple
 Nauvoo Temple
Nauvoo Temple
Now, I'm just catching up on reading, writing reviews, and working on a couple of short stories for submission to a couple of places.  We've also completed a couple of home improvement projects, but I'll save those for another day. Love to all.

No comments: