Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life With Macy 2000-2009

In the fall of 2000, Richard took me to a farm in Draper, Utah because he was trying to convince me that we needed a dog. I didn't want a dog...but this little "runt" was the last to come crawling out of her box with all of her brothers and sisters, and... well, she stole my heart. I knew I had to have her, even though the breeder insisted she wasn't cute enough to take. We visited her at the farm every week until finally the breeder got sick of us and just let us take her home. When leaving he made it a point to tell us that he would fully refund our money if she died within the next 2 weeks. I thought he was a jerk and I was glad she was coming home to our house. She loved kisses and hugs and everyone fell in love with her when they met her. She filled our void of not having children of our own-and that probably showed to a lot of people. But we didn't care. We loved her and would do anything for her. She loved to go on walks and visit the neighbor dogs along the way-we were even in the process of planning a big summer B-Day Party for Macy and her brother, Copper, with all the other pups in the neighborhood. She didn't like my singing and would always stand on my chest and lick my face until I stopped. She had fun when we took her to Yellowstone...she would stand in the back window of the car and bark at the Bison and growl like she was going to attack them-it was the funniest thing to see! She was the most beautiful dog in the world and we know she knew it. Macy was one of a kind and we'll miss her always! Below are a few pictures that reflect our short time with Macy.
The first time we painted our walls, Macy contributed by pulling the painters tape off the baseboards for us. She was always a good little helper!
She even assisted us with yard work after the summer storms would pass by.

She loved pillows and didn't think it was a big deal if she messed up the bed just to find that perfect spot to sleep!
She never cared much for Santa! This was her first Christmas and Santa was never invited back to our house again!
This is a picture of Macy with her brother Copper. Richard found Copper while working in Jackson Hole and couldn't wait to bring him home to be a part of the family. He's missing his sister a lot these days but we're so glad Copper is with us and we hope to see him happy again sometime soon. We miss you, Macy!

3 comments:

Starke Family said...

Sabrina and Richard,
It was so fun to see you this weekend! What a lovely life you have together, which included your sweet Macy. I am so sorry that she had to leave you so soon and that your heart is broken! I know her life here was wonderful because of the love you showered her with and that you will see her again one day!

Love,
Mary

Darilyn said...

Sweet Macy. Our whole family loved her. I will remember her snuggles as we watched a movie downstairs in your theater room.

Erin said...

I am so sorry to hear about Macy. She was such a sweet little girl! I loved her and her kisses!!! Please tell Copper how I sorry I am and give him a big hug and kiss for me!!