Friday, August 21, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

Richard and I were able to spend some time this summer serving at the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple Open House. While Richard worked security and spent late nights cleaning the temple I had the opportunity to serve inside directing people to various places. One of my favorite locations was at the top of the double staircase just outside the Celestial Room. My favorite time was on a Monday night after the last guests had vacated the building. Our group was allowed to explore the temple and visit all the rooms on our own. It was the most amazing night of my life and I knew then that this was MY temple; a place I want to always make time for. On Thursday, August 6, 2009, I was set apart as an ordinance worker by the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple President. It was a beautiful blessing and I am thankful for the opportunity to serve. Today, August 21, 2009, Richard and I attended the first of nine dedicatory sessions. We sat in a room just down the hall from the Prophet. We laughed at his jokes and became teary eyed during the dedicatory prayer. It was another amazing moment in our lives and we will be forever grateful for the opportunity to be present as this wonderful building was dedicated. We truly are a blessed people...never forget that!

2 comments:

Darilyn said...

Wow, Sabrina, I'm so happy for you. So happy that you are able to be an ordinance worker. We loved our experience there at the open house. I haven't had a chance to talk to you about it yet. It is so beautiful and indeed very special. Thank you for writing about this.

Quinn said...

We got to go through the temple while we were there too. Definitely on the top ten list of things we did while in the US this summer. I'm excited for you for your new calling. What a choice experience to be able to serve in that capacity.