Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's A Girl!!!

Look, everyone jumps the gun at some point in their life. In our attempts to make things normal we sometimes just don't think things through, right? Or is it just me? Well, whatever it is you do or don't do in your life, jumping the gun was the case with me when only two weeks after the death of Macy, I went out to "look" at some beagle pups in an attempt to bring normalcy back to our home. I really only wanted to "look"-but looking can be hard when they're just so darn cute and cuddly. And what about our attempt at normalcy? It's anything but that! Our nights are now filled with potty training and our days our filled with potty training and avoiding this puppy's new teeth. Copper, now known as, "the other dog" doesn't like her much and never misses a chance to let her know. Richard spent the first few days telling me she was "my dog" which translates into: I'm not helping with any of the training! It's been a little overwhelming-but...I'm blessed with a wonderful ward family! More than one person has offered to come into our home twice a day to play and help potty train my little girl. She's not stressed, we're not stressed and the transition is starting to become easier for everyone. Although, the tension still exists with Copper, our Vet said it will be just a few more weeks before they're the best of friends. She says that, Dora (Richard named her) will make a great addition to our family! I think so too and hope to keep you updated on our progress. Little Dora was born June 2, 2009 and currently weighs only 5 pounds! I love her!

Dora likes to sleep on her back...
she also likes to snuggle with her blanket!

2 comments:

Erin said...

She is adorable! I can't wia tto "meet" her!! Congrats on your new addition!!

Darilyn said...

It was so great seeing the two of you the other day. Thanks for driving all that way. Dora is adorable.