Monday, August 31, 2009

Are We Friends Now?

So Dora and Copper have been having a "ruff" few weeks as they've had to adjust to getting to know each other and learn to live together peacefully. They have been playing well but struggle in the mornings because Copper isn't used to playing at 5 in the morning like Dora is. He's 9 and she's going on 3 months...they obviously struggle with sleep schedules. On Saturday before we headed out for a family outing, Richard and I were sitting on the living room floor playing with Dora and watching a movie while Copper took a nap on the sofa. After a few minutes, Dora wanted on the sofa too. She was kind of tuckered so I thought it wouldn't be a big deal if I put her on the opposite end and made sure she stayed away from Copper. If Copper has one rule in the house its not to bother him when he is asleep. I put her on the sofa and went back to watching the movie. A few minutes later when I went to check on Dora I found her laying next to Copper curled up and ready to fall asleep. I proceeded to watch and captured the following pictures. After watching this, we know they are finally forever buddies. I love my dogs!

Dora, wondering if Copper will notice...

3 comments:

Darilyn said...

We love the adventures of Coppper and Dora. Adorable.

Erin said...

Oh that is so sweet!!

Quinn said...

That is too cute, how Dora is laying practically on top of Copper. Copper must be a pretty good sport.