Saturday, March 28, 2009

"For the Love of Chocolate" A Tribute to Gail Hoppie Pack

















I've debated with myself for a couple of weeks now on whether or not I should blog about this...its not everyday I talk about funerals or funeral luncheons...but this one was so touching and sincere and full of love I had to share it with others. These are pictures of just some of the table decorations found at Aunt Gail's funeral luncheon. They were made with love by her best friend and put on display with the help of many other friends and sisters in her ward. Richard and I had to leave after the burial but my heart really filled with joy when I saw these pictures...its been in my mind non stop since then and all I've done is tell my friends about what her friend did for her. This was an incredible tribute of love for Gail. I can only imagine how her family felt when they entered this room. What a great gift to them. They knew at that moment that their mother, grandmother, sister, aunt and wife was not only loved; they knew that she was known. This friend and this ward FAMILY turned a day of sadness into a day of laughter and fun filled memories. This was inspiring...It makes me want to KNOW my friends and family better-everyone attending the luncheon recieved a candy bar wrapped with an image of Gail next to her favorite quote and all of her children and brothers and sisters were able to take home a tile sign to remember her by. Every time I go to Richard's parents home, I will read the tile sign displayed and smile remembering Aunt Gail. I wish we could all love and share it with others the way this BEST FRIEND did.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

That was really cool. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Sabrina. We had a once in a blue moon "thing" on Sunday. They announced a baby blessing, a newly wed couple and a sister who had just passed away - all on the same Sunday.