Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another Project

Last week, I took some alone time and updated a really ugly dresser that I've had for about ten years. It was pretty when we first bought it and it fit right in with the cherry sleigh bed that we owned. But over time, the furniture became dated and a couple of years ago we remodeled the master bedroom. The old ugly dresser with a cute shape went out in the entry area. It was painted a dark olive green and someone fancied it up with deep burgundy flowers and some lattice design on all the drawers. It didn't match anything in the house but it became well used for anything that I needed a place for when I was cleaning the house. The same year we updated the bedroom, I purchased a really pretty print of the Salt Lake Temple. It came in a black frame and we don't really have anything black in the house. My solution two years later was to paint the dresser black. I was hoping to get before and after pictures...but Richard had the camera at Scout Camp. I roughed up the edges of the dresser and I think it turned out pretty nice. It looks great with my Salt Lake Temple picture above it. I also love the way the black looks against the dark wood floors. I think I might actually do the kitchen cabinets in black with a roughed up look-I can already see it with black and white marble counters...beautiful!


1 comment:

Quinn said...

Beatiful! I LOVE that picture of the slc temple. If I lived stateside I would have bought it too.