Tuesday, October 19, 2010

NEW YORK - DAY ONE

So we're here and this place is absolutely amazing!  I actually found myself wiping away tears upon on our landing at LGA.  The view from our side of the plane was spectacular.  I'm totally in love with New York and I have this overwhelming urge to actually move here.  Can you imagine that?  Me!  I want to move to New York?

Our cab driver, Amm Hasahm, was the nicest family man I've ever met.  He's been a cab drive in New York for 20 years and told us some great stories about his time here.  He is from Bangladesh and loves living in America.  He actually went back to his home after his first ten years, but then decided to return.  He told us he took a road trip with his friends a few years ago and spent two weeks visiting places like Chicago, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and of course places like Canada and the Niagara Falls. Amm just seems so kind.  I really wanted to pull out my camera and take a picture, but I'm not sure people in New York are going to be good with stuff like that.  I did however meet these great college kids from LA on their first trip to New York and I bet if I had asked, they would have had no problem with my picture taking,  especially since the one lady had the coolest luggage on the planet.  We hit off from the beginning. I really like meeting people.  My only regret thus far is not asking if they were on Twitter.  Well, maybe I'll remember that next time.

Other cool things- we changed planes in Chicago today.  I had the best view of the skyline.  Chicago is a beautiful city and I really can't wait to mark that off my list of places to see and explore.  Our hotel isn't in a bad place and it is really nice with free wireless!!!  Jaime, our hotel guy, is really super kind.  I really like him and if he is here tomorrow night I might just take his picture!!! Thank you Ellis, my love, for letting me borrow your little notebook.  It is sooo cute and I totally love it. 

Well, we're going to check out the maps and plan our activities for tomorrow.  Tomorrow I am going to the Lee Child book signings.  I'm hoping that the weeping I experienced today doesn't carry over to tomorrow.  The last thing I want to do is break down in tears like an Elvis groupie!  Just one question...should I attend both book signings?  I'm thinking yes since Lee Child is the reason for this little New York vacation, but I don't want to come across as a crazy chick.  Oh, who  cares!  At least I'm a cute crazy chick.  It could be worse, right?

I better sign off for now.  We just checked the room for bedbugs.  We're clear!  Richard scored a pack of cigarettes under the bed...now, if only we smoked!  Love to you all!  Sabrina O.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Congratulations, you arrived and landed safe and sound. No bed bugs, that's a plus but obviously housekeeping didn't vacuum under the bed. YIKES!!
Attending both book signings is a great decision. Even I'm looking forward to your comments on that episode. I should have given you one of my Lee Child (Reacher) books to have it signed. This paint job and the fumes have gone to my head, literally, and being "high" I wasn't thinking clearly. Youa re lucky you are out of the office because the odor is horrendous!!! Kim had to go home being as she is pregnant. The fumes are terrible. I'm getting dizzy again. Enjoy your trip. NEW YORK - NEW YORK. Enjoy, Sabrina/Kate.

angelabarra99 said...

all i can say to this is LOL you are a great blogger

Unknown said...

Aw my cute little Kate, Once again a truly GREAT blog! Heard you were sick, I hope you are well enough to go to the book signing. Keep us posted and keep having a GREAT time!

Sara said...

I don't know what our office would do if you moved to New York. I know I would be sad :( As usual, I love your posts. Keep them coming!